Designer | Developer | Marketer
I design and build wonderful brands, websites, and products for internet-native businesses.
If you're an entrepreneur with a dream and some money, we're already best friends. I'm an internet business nerd with a passion for helping tech entrepreneurs take their products from 0 to 1. I design and build brands, websites, and software products, and I do it well. Check out my work, beliefs, credentials, and reach out if it's a fit.
My unique value prop is my ability to bridge together technology, design, marketing, sales, and business operations, without the inefficiencies of having too many cooks in the kitchen.
A developer typically executes a designer's well thought-out plans. I do both sides, and I do it well.
I know what you’re thinking. Surely I can’t be a world-class expert across each of these domains. And you’re right. I know just enough about a lot of things, and I’m the first to admit there’s no way I can outperform a true specialist in their own domain.
So if you have the resources to hire and manage a large team of specialists, and have the risk-appetite to hope they all work together in perfect harmony, do that.
Otherwise, it just makes a lot of sense to work with someone like me who is really good at multiple things, and who can guarantee you don’t experience the inefficiencies or stress of hiring and managing a large team.
This value prop is particularly valuable for early-stage tech founders with minimal funding. I’m like a co-founder, but without the drama or equity dilution. Call it friends with benefits… or something like that.
- Business isn’t a winner-take-all game, and you don’t need a totally novel idea to win.
- The singlemost important decision you can make when starting a business: pick the right market.
- Earn with your mind, not your time.
- Code and content enable permissionless leverage — a beautiful, powerful thing.
- A leveraged worker can out-produce a non-leveraged worker by a factor of one thousand or ten thousand.
- “Learn to sell, learn to build. If you can do both, you will be unstoppable.” - Naval
- Strong knowledge + strong experience = strong judgment. Strong judgment + strong incentives = strong outcomes.
- Repetition = Reputation
- Make small progress every day.
- Minimum Lovable Product > Minimum Viable Product
- It’s only expensive if it doesn’t work.
- 5+ years as a mostly self-taught designer/developer/marketer
- Built 2 SaaS products end-to-end, 30+ websites including design/copywriting/SEO, 10+ brand redesigns, 15+ Facebook ad campaigns, 3 startups
- Head of Web Development | Stikky Media | 2020 - present
- Bachelor's of Commerce | Peter B. Gustavson School of Business, University of Victoria | 2019
- Founder | ColdPilot | my current pre-launch cold email software startup
- Founder | Troop | my dead real estate lead gen startup ($600 MRR) | 2019 - 2021
- Founder of Apollo Painting | my teenage startup where I learnt about sales and delegation | 2016
- Among other labour jobs, I worked as a bug farmer for 6 years. Yes, a bug farmer. No, I won't explain.
My tech stack
- Tailwind CSS
- Supabase | Firestore
- Vercel | Cloudflare
- Payload CMS | WordPress
- Affinity Designer | Adobe XD
Note: this is not a list of every technology I'm experienced with. It's a high-level overview of my preferred stack after years of finetuning.
Work with me
If you're looking to build (or rebuild) a brand, website, software product, or startup, let's talk!